A$AP Yams’ Death Ruled Accidental Overdose
According to Billboard, a spokesperson for New York City's chief medical examiner confirmed that the hip-hop executive had numerous drugs in his system at the time of his death, including opiates and benzodiazepine. The site reports that he died from an "acute mixed drug intoxication." The chief medical examiner reportedly ruled his death as an "accident."
Sadly, Yams is far from the only young star to have died from an accidental overdose in the past few months. Earlier this week, we reported that Real World star Ryan Knight — who died in November 2014 — accidentally overdosed as well. The final autopsy for Knight reportedly showed that the MTV star had a cocktail of drugs in his system, including methadone (a heroin substitute), Tramadol (a painkiller), cocaine and Xanax. He was 29.
A$AP Yams was found unresponsive in his New York apartment on January 18.
R.I.P. A$AP Yams. Our thoughts are with his family, friends, loved ones and of course the rest of the A$AP Mob in the wake of such tragic news.
Stars We Lost in 2014