Foster the People + Adele Rank High on Spotify’s Top Tracks of 2011
Here in the United States, we've only had (legal) access to the music streaming service Spotify for less than six months, but it's already one of the most popular online destinations for music lovers. The Swedish-founded, U.K.-headquartered service took a look at what we've been streaming, crunched their year-end numbers and published their list of the service's 100 most popular tracks in the U.S.
This year's top-selling artist in America is also high on the list of Spotify's most-played. Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep,' a huge cross-format smash, came in third on the top 10, just behind Foster the People's 'Pumped Up Kicks' and 'Stereo Hearts' by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine.
Rounding out the top five are Rihanna's record-breaking smash 'We Found Love' and Foster the People's 'Helena Beat.' Take a look at the rest of the top 10 below -- and if you have a Spotify account, you can open the full-length playlist for the top 100!
The Most-Played Tracks of 2011 on Spotify
1. Foster the People, 'Pumped Up Kicks'
2. Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine, 'Stereo Hearts'
3. Adele, 'Rolling in the Deep'
4. Rihanna, 'We Found Love'
5. Foster the People, 'Helena Beat'
6. Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera, 'Moves Like Jagger'
7. Nicki Minaj, 'Super Bass'
8. Skrillex, 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites'
9. Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer, 'Give Me Everything'
10. LMFAO, 'Party Rock Anthem'