5 Things We Learned From Austin Mahone’s ‘Teen Vogue’ Interview
Austin Mahone sat down for an interview with Teen Vogue, and we found out some pretty interesting things about the teen heartthrob in the process. Read on to find out five of the most interesting facts we gathered from the interview!
1) Austin categorizes his clothes by price -- and he definitely has enough designer-wear to warrant it.
"This is my closet—it's pretty serious. All my Giuseppes, some Gucci, and I have some custom-made pairs." He goes on: "I categorize them by, um, how expensive they are."
2) He was rejected from his first choice neighborhood in Miami because of bad reputations set by some of his other famous peers.
"We had letters of recommendation from my condo and other people. I'm not the type of guy who's going to destroy your house," Austin says. "But now that I'm here, I'm like, 'Man, this house is way cooler.' Everything happens for a reason."
3) He loves scented candles.
"I've got salted caramel in here, cinnamon in the hallway, and vanilla cupcake in my bathroom—I have them all over the place."
4) Austin was raised by his mother and maternal grandparents after his father committed suicide when Austin was 16 months old.
"It was only my mom and me. Because there was no father or siblings, that brought us even closer." He then shows the interviewer a photo of his father: "That's him when he was 10 or 11. I look exactly like him. It's scary. Do you see the resemblance? It's like we're twins.”
5) But he doesn't believe in dwelling on the past.
"People are like, 'Is it weird that you don't have a dad?' No. That's just how I grew up, and that's what's normal for me. I can't imagine having a dad. I can't be like, 'Hey, Dad! Want to go play catch in the yard?' That would be weird for me to say.”
Check out the full interview when it hits newsstands on Dec. 2!