‘Voice’ Coaches Cee Lo and Blake Shelton to Sing on ‘Footloose’ Soundtrack
There's a new 'Footloose' movie coming in the fall, and 'The Voice' coaches Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton are among the artists appearing on the soundtrack, which also features songs from Smashing Pumpkins and from teen performer Victoria Justice.
As reported by Entertainment Weekly, Shelton gets the honor of singing the title track, recorded by Kenny Loggins for the original 1984 movie. Cee Lo joins blues guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd on 'Walkin' Blues,' while 'One Tree Hill' actress Jana Kramer takes Deniece Williams' 'Let's Hear It for the Boy.' Justice teams up with country singer Hunter Hayes on 'Almost Paradise,' the duet first performed by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson.
The new soundtrack will have 12 tracks, compared with nine on the original. Billy Corgan's Smashing Pumpkins provide one of the new songs, 'Window Paine.'
The original 'Footloose' movie starring Kevin Bacon spawned one of the most successful soundtracks of all-time, with six Top 40 hits. Two of those, Shalamar's 'Dancing in the Sheets' and Loggins' 'I'm Free,' are absent from the new album.
'Footloose' Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. 'Footloose' – Blake Shelton
2. 'Where the River Goes' – Zac Brown
3. 'Little Lovin’ – Lissie
4. 'Holding Out for a Hero' – Ella Mae Bowen
5. 'Let’s Hear It for the Boy' – Jana Kramer
6. 'So Sorry Mama' – Whitney Duncan
7. 'Fake I.D.' – Big & Rich feat. Gretchen Wilson
8. 'Almost Paradise' – Victoria Justice & Hunter Hayes
9. 'Walkin’ Blues' – Cee Lo Green feat. Kenny Wayne Shepherd
10. 'Window Paine' – The Smashing Pumpkins
11. 'Suicide Eyes' – A Thousand Horses
12. 'Dance the Night Away' – David Banner