Judge Grants Selena Gomez Restraining Order Against Violent Stalker
A Los Angeles judge has approved Selena Gomez's request for a restraining order against 46-year-old Thomas Brodnicki, a man who has been threatening to murder the young starlet.
According to BBC, Gomez, 19, said, "I am in extreme fear of Mr Brodnicki, due to his direct threat on my life... As well as his history of stalking." In accordance with the temporary restraining order that has been granted, Brodnicki must stay at least 100 yards from Gomez.
Brodnicki, who has a history of mental illness and a criminal record, recently told his therapist that he was planning to kill Selena Gomez. Brodnicki even told his therapist that he had conversations with God about murdering the teenage songstress.
BBC also reports that, according to court transcripts, that Brodnicki was held in a psychiatric institution for three days last month after "he was accused of threatening to harm people on the street by scratching their eyes out." The court statements also say that during his time in the mental health facility, Brodnicki told therapists that he had traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles with the intention of harming or killing Ms. Gomez.
Another hearing is scheduled for Nov. 4. If things go well for Gomez during this trial, she could have the restraining order extended to three years. We wish Gomez nothing but the best during this scary and trying time.