Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘Swimming Pools’ on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
Beloved indie rapper Kendrick Lamar made his late-night debut on NBC's 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' on Tuesday night (Oct. 2). Backed by the Roots, the Compton, Calif. rapper performed his cautionary ode, 'Swimming Pools (Drank)' for the TV audience.
Wearing a black hoodie, light-blue jeans and Timberland boots, Lamar told the in-studio crowd, "This is for everybody to understand me, I need you to recognize my plan B is to win your hearts before I win Grammy." From there, K.Dot gave an intense performance of the sinister tune with Questlove providing the baritone vocals of 'Drank' on the hook.
Kendrick Lamar follows behind a few emerging artists who made their nationwide debut on 'Jimmy Fallon,' including Tyler the Creator, Frank Ocean and A$AP Rocky. The 25-year-old rapper is set to release his debut album good 'Kid m.A.A.d City' on Oct. 22. The collection boast guest appearances from Drake, Jay Rock, MC Eiht, Dr. Dre and Mary J. Blige.
Kendrick Lamar's 'good Kid m.A.A.d City' tracklist:
1. 'Sherane A.K.A Master Splinter's Daughter'
2. 'Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe'
3. 'Backseat Freestyle'
4. 'The Art Of Peer Pressure'
5. 'Money Trees' (Feat. Jay Rock)
6. 'Poetic Justice' (Feat. Drake)
7. 'good kid'
8. 'm.A.A.d City' (Feat. MC Eiht)
9. 'Swimming Pools (Drank)' (Extended)
10. 'Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst'
11. 'Real' (Feat. Anna Wise Of Sonnymoon)
12. 'Compton' (Feat. Dr. Dre)
13. 'The Recipe' (Feat. Dr. Dre)
14. 'Black Boy Fly'
15. 'Now Or Never' (Feat. Mary J. Blige)
16. 'Collect Calls'
17. “Swimming Pools (Drank)”