March Music Madness: Vote for the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era! [Round 3]
Round 3 of March Music Madness is here! We started off with 32 of the best pop songs from the '80s to today, narrowed that number down to 16 for Round 2, and now, 8 songs are battling it out for the title of Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era. After this round, we will be down to the final 4 -- one tune from each decade.
As the voting gets more intense, so do the choices! Will Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' beat out Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun'? Can Backstreet Boys' 'I Want It That Way' edge Britney Spears' 'Baby One More Time' out of the competition? Will Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' knock out 'N Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye? Can Adele's 'Someone Like You' triumph over Katy Perry's 'Firework'?
Check out each decade’s bracket below to see which songs are still in the running, and click the blue button to start voting for your favorites! You can vote up to once per hour until 12PM ET on March 25. The final winner — the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era — will be announced on April 8, 2014.
- Each song will battle it out in a duel with another song from its decade in Round 1 of the voting timeline.
- Once Round 1 voting wraps, the 16 winning songs will move on to face-off with each other in Round 2.
- When Round 2 voting is over, the 8 remaining songs will go on to battle it out in Round 3.
- At the conclusion of Round 3, we’ll be down to only 4 songs (one from each decade), which will go head to head for Round 4.
- Round 4′s results will leave us with only two finalists — and, after a final round of voting (Round 5), you will have officially chosen the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era!