March Music Madness: Vote for the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era! [Round 1]
We're excited to introduce you to our first-ever March Music Madness competition! This year, your votes will determine which classic single will be named the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era.
After days of reminiscing about and researching the level of success of the most unforgettable hits that have been released from the '80s through today, the PopCrush staff narrowed a lengthy list of incredible pop songs down to only 32 picks. It wasn't easy, but it's all in a day's work here at PopCrush. (Tough life, right?)
Those 32 songs have been broken down into four brackets -- the 1980s, the 1990s, 2000-2009 and 2010-today -- and you can see the breakdown of songs in the graphics below. Here's how the competition works:
- Each song will battle it out in a duel with another song from its decade in Round 1 of the voting timeline.
- Once Round 1 voting wraps, the 16 winning songs will move on to face-off with each other in Round 2.
- When Round 2 voting is over, the 8 remaining songs will go on to battle it out in Round 3.
- At the conclusion of Round 3, we'll be down to only 4 songs (one from each decade), which will go head to head for Round 4.
- Round 4's results will leave us with only two finalists -- and, after a final round of voting (Round 5), you will have officially chosen the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era!
The big reveal of the Greatest Pop Song of the Modern Era will take place on April 8, 2014. Click the button below to start voting in Round 1! Keep in mind that you can vote once per hour from now until March 11 at 12PM ET.