PopCrush Is Hiring an Associate Editor!
Townsquare Media’s PopCrush.com is looking for a full-time Associate Editor who will work with our team in the afternoon/evening. If you’re a reader of the site already, you know that PopCrush covers pop music, as well as TV, movies and celebrities, providing fans with an up-to-the-minute dose of their favorite stars — and our editors love all of it just as much as you do!
If you meet the qualifications outlined below and you live in the NYC area, send a resume, cover letter and links to at least three published writing clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are interested, we will get in touch. Please note that we cannot respond to every application.
Associate Editor, PopCrush
Hours: 2PM-11PM ET
- Acts as primary evening news writer
- Pitches and writes compelling features weekly
- Creates weekly photo galleries
- Updates PopCrush social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
- Interviews celebrities as needed
- Takes on additional editorial projects and responsibilities as needed
- Available and willing to write during award shows outside of normal work hours
- Must LOVE pop music, TV, movies and celebrities — you should be a fan with a very positive voice who’s truly excited about the content on PopCrush
- Must be a strong writer who produces clean copy
- Must have published writing samples and editing experience related to pop music/culture/entertainment
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, able to multi-task and communicate effectively and able to work independently once trained
- Prior experience with WordPress, Photoshop, SEO and social media highly preferred
- Prior experience with creating video content is a huge plus
- A strong personal social media following is also a huge plus
- You have a BA in journalism, English and/or an entertainment-related field