Relient K Cover Justin Bieber + More on ‘K is for Karaoke’ Album
Rock artists Relient K are giving their spin to a number of pop songs, including Justin Bieber's 'Baby,' on a new covers album called 'K is for Karaoke,' which hits retailers Oct. 4, according to Absolute Punk.
The 'Baby' cover is one of seven songs on the new album that first appeared on the group's digital EP 'Is for Karaoke' in June. Rather than turning 'Baby' into an edgy rock song, the band keeps intact the structure of the original track, minus the Ludacris rap, of course. There are rock guitars and louder drums, but it's pretty much the same arrangement.
In addition to Bieber's smash hit, the album is full of awesome pop songs from the past three decades, from Gnarls Barkley's 'Crazy' to Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun.' The '80s are represented with songs like Chicago's 'You're the Inspiration' and Toto's 'Africa.' We can't wait to hear how Relient K tackle those cheesy pop hits!
The record also includes a number of covers of excellent '90s rock tracks, like Weezer's 'Surf Wax America' and Cake's 'The Distance.'
'K is for Karaoke' Tracklisting (Original artist in parentheses):
1. 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' (Cyndi Lauper)
2. 'Baby' (Justin Bieber)
3. 'One Headlight' (The Wallflowers)
4. 'You’re The Inspiration' (Chicago)
5. 'The Distance' (Cake)
6. 'Crazy' (Gnarls Barkley)
7. 'Motorcycle Driveby' (Third Eye Blind)
8. 'Doctor Worm' (They Might Be Giants)
9. 'Interstate Love Song' (Stone Temple Pilots)
10. 'Here Comes My Girl' (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
11. 'Africa' (Toto)
12. 'Surf Wax America' (Weezer)
13. 'Inside Of Love' (Nada Surf)
14. 'Everybody Wants To Rule the World' (Tears for Fears)
Listen to Relient K's Cover of Justin Bieber's 'Baby'