Roseanne Barr Announces First TV Interview Since Cancellation: ‘I Was Too Weak to Carry Myself’
"To my wonderful fans who I treasure and love-who have carried me these past weeks when I was 2 weak 2 carry myself: I will be doing a TV interview this week. I'll tell u about it tomorrow!" she tweeted Sunday.
Barr did not release any further details concerning the interview.
ABC canceled its successful revival of Roseanne after Barr compared Valerie Jarrett, an African-American former adviser to then-President Barack Obama, to the film Planet of the Apes in a tweet.
Barr also posted on Sunday a selfie of herself debuting her new blonde hair. "New hair!" she said.
ABC recently announced a Roseanne spinoff without Barr titled The Conners that will debut in the fall and star original cast members John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman.
"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from Roseanne. I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved," Barr previously said in a statement about the spinoff.
By Wade Sheridan, UPI.com
Copyright © 2018 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved