PopCrush Is Looking for a Freelance Weekend Editor!
Townsquare Media’s PopCrush.com is looking for a freelance weekend editor. If you’re a reader of the site already, you know that PopCrush covers pop music, as well as TV, movies and celebrities, providing fans with an up-to-the-minute dose of their favorite stars — and our editors love all of it just as much as the fans do!
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, send a resume, cover letter and links to published writing clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think that you might be a good fit for the job, we will get in touch with you. Please note that we cannot respond to every application.
Freelance Weekend Editor, PopCrush
Shift: 8 hours per day on Saturdays and Sundays
- Scan for breaking news throughout the entire shift
- Write and build news stories, self-edit and publish them throughout the day
- Update the homepage as news is published
- Update social media accounts
- Send daily newsletter
- Take on additional editorial projects as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- Must LOVE pop music, TV, movies and celebrities -- you should be a fan with a very positive voice who's truly excited about the content on PopCrush
- Must be a strong, clean writer and editor -- you are being trusted to self-publish content
- Must have published writing samples and editing experience related to pop music/culture/entertainment
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, able to multi-task and communicate effectively, and able to work independently once trained
- Prior experience with Wordpress, Photoshop, SEO and social media highly preferred
- A strong personal social media following is a huge plus
- You ideally have a BA in journalism, English and/or an entertainment related field