2011 Popcrush Music Awards: Best Humanitarian
PopCrush is celebrating pop music's most dedicated humanitarians in this round of our 2011 PopCrush Music Awards. Whether pop superstars were donating their time and effort towards a good cause or helping improve our world in general, all of our nominees did their philanthropic part in 2011.
- 50 Cent teamed up with the United Nations World Hunger Food Program to help feed millions by promoting the cause through social media outlets and using the profits from his energy drink.
- Lady Gaga, who launched her Born This Way Foundation to help promote self-esteem and equality. She also fought against bullying by releasing a PSA for We Stop Hate and by addressing the President himself about the issue.
- Kesha also did her part by crusading against animal cruelty. The 'Tik Tok' songstress spread awareness about the inhumane treatment of baby seals and street dogs, and announced that she plans to design a faux fur collection.
- Mommy-to-be Beyonce got kids up and at em' by joining forces with First Lady Michelle Obama for the Let's Move campaign, which was set up to battle childhood obesity. Bey even released a promotional music video for the cause!
- will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas also helped the U.S. this year by working to improve our relations with China. Recently, the singer/producer performed a concert in Beijing to promote study abroad programs in China.
- Miley Cyrus teamed up with the Starkey Hearing Foundation to help bring hearing aids to deaf people in Haiti, and she also performed at the foundation's So the World May Hear gala and donated a substantial amount of money to the cause.
Below, readers can cast their vote for the pop star whose humanitarian efforts really struck a cord with them. Polls will be opened until Jan. 1, 2012 at 11:59PM EST and we will announce the winners on Jan. 3