No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void Where Prohibited. If you are accessing this Sweeps using a wireless device, data rates may apply.
1. Eligibility: The Duff ‘Night Out’ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of one of the 48 contiguous United States (i.e., excluding Hawaii and Alaska) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., CBS Films Inc., their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Duff Sweepstakes is PopCrush.com and its parent company, Townsquare Media, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 13th, 2015 at 12:01 am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on February 22, 2015 at 11:59 pm PT ("Entry Period"). Eligible persons may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period by visiting any participating Townsquare Media affiliated website, which are: Popcrush.com, JustJared.com, JustJaredJr.com, & Fanpop.com (each, a “Sweepstakes Site”) and following the instructions on the Sweepstakes Site and these Official Rules. See more under “Entry” below.
5. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, users will log into the Sweepstakes Widget on any Sweepstakes Site (for a list of Sweepstakes Sites, see Paragraph 4. above) via either Facebook Connect or by giving their name and email in the provided box. Once they are logged in they are able to earn a certain number of entries by engaging in specific actions. Sweepstakes entries will only be collected via the Sweepstakes Entry Widget embedded on each participating Sweepstakes Site. The number of entries varies by the number of actions performed. The actions are as follows:
• Follow@duff on twitter is one entry;
• Tweeting to support the film: "Excited to see #TheDUFF movie in theaters on Feb 20th! Follow @TheDuff to get updates about the movie! #sweepstakes” is one entry;
• Share Movie Site on Twitter: "Were you #TheDuff in school? Check out www.theduffmovie.com and go see The Duff in theaters Feb 20th! #sweepstakes” is one entry
• Watch The DUFF Trailer is one entry
• Subscribe to the DUFF Youtube Page is one entry
• Follow @theduffmovie on Instagram is one entry.
Based on the number of actions taken each participant is able to earn up to 6 entries into the sweepstakes. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. Drawing: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the name of the potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will take place on or about February 24, 2015. There will be only one (1) total winner selected in the Sweepstakes across all the participating sites, and upon verification of such potential winner’s eligibility, the winner will be posted on the applicable Sweepstakes Site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The Potential winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within seven (7) days after the drawing. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (A) potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within (5) days after transmission; (B) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (C) potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residence; (D) potential winner’s failure to provide additional information upon request as required by Sponsor in order to verify compliance with the Official Rules; (E) potential winner’s failure to validly claim the prize within (5) business days of being notified and (F) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited by law, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within such 7-day time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
8. Prize(s): The Grand Prize Winner will receive (1) $1,000 gift card to be used that the winner’s discretion. (Approximate Retail value (“ARV”) $1,000). No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes (including without limitation federal, state and local taxes) associated with receipt or use of a prize and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other costs, fees and expenses not explicitly stated herein.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the DUFF ‘Night Out’ Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address or Facebook account from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Release, Indemnification and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Losses”) of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death and/or damage to persons or property; or (g) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from any and all Losses of any kind that may be asserted against or incurred by Sponsor or any Sweepstakes Entity at any time in connection with the entries, or otherwise relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation claims concerning the infringement upon or violation of any intellectual property or other rights. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors’ and Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY OF THE OTHER RELEASEES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT’S OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
13. Sweepstakes Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Sweepstakes you are requesting the winners for) to Townsquare Media List, c/o Townsquare Media, Inc., 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable Sweepstakes. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on all requests. Official Rules are also available during the Entry Period at the Sweepstakes Site.