Prescription Pills Found in Whitney Houston’s Hotel Room, Singer May Have Drowned in Bathtub
When Whitney Houston died suddenly on Feb. 11, it raised a lot of questions about her sobriety and general well-being. Authorities are reporting that while there was no evidence found of Houston drinking alcohol in her hotel room, prescription pills were found in her suite at the Beverly Hilton where she passed away. Sources say it's possible that Houston drowned in her bathtub.
Houston's bodyguard found her body in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton room. However, when EMTs arrived, her body was already removed from the tub. Suspected causes include a prescription overdose and drowning, but an autopsy is necessary to ascertain exactly what killed the singing legend.
Houston's death was a shock not only to the media and her fans, but also those in her innermost circle. Houston's cousin, Dionne Warwick, spoke to her hours before and said she seemed fine. Meanwhile, Houston's mother, Cissy, spoke to the singer merely half an hour before she died and said she seemed normal and that there was no cause for alarm during their chat. Cissy and Houston had even discussed attending Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party together.