Mike Posner Reveals He Was Bitten By a Rattlesnake: ‘Venom Is No Joke!’
Mike Posner was bitten by a rattlesnake during his trek across America.
According to TMZ, the "Cooler Than Me" singer was making his way across Colorado when a baby rattlesnake came out of nowhere and bit his left leg. Posner shared the news via Instagram on Thursday (August 8), posting a video of him receiving treatment at the hospital after having been transported by a helicopter the day before.
In a lengthy caption, he joked that "venom is no joke" and that he received the anti-venom just in time. He thanked the medical staff for taking care of him but revealed he'll need to stay in the hospital for a few days to recover.
"Crazy day yesterday!" Posner wrote on Instagram. "I had just crushed 16 miles and was going for 8 more when I got bit by a baby rattlesnake! That venom is no joke! I got to the hospital and got the anti-venom in time. Shout outs to G and Mike from the chopper team and Bo and Cassie and Whitney (my nurses)."
"I’ll be here a few days and will not be able to walk for several weeks but enjoying the AC and the nice bed, haven’t had those in a while Hahahaha!" he added. "Can’t wait to get back on The Walk! KEEP GOING!!!!!!
Following the news, a number of famous stars sent him well wishes in the comments section, including Joe Jonas, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown, Diplo and Jessie J, who called him a "real life super hero."