The Knocks’ Collaboration With Wyclef Jean Is Straight-Up Fire
New York-based production duo The Knocks are gearing up to release their dance-y debut album 55 and, in preparation, have dropped another track off the forthcoming collection — this time collaborating with Wyclef Jean on their most promising release yet.
The song, called “Kiss The Sky,” is a serious banger, with an insistent beat layered seamlessly with synths peppered throughout the track. It makes for one hell of an earworm.
JPatt, one-half of The Knocks, told Complex via email about the duo's time working with Wyclef: "Working with Wyclef has been a surreal experience for us. 'Kiss The Sky' came together quickly and organically in one of the sessions we were doing in [Wyclef's] home studio. It was one of those times where we all instantly knew that we had created something special, and it immediately became a priority for us to release it to the rest of the world."
The album includes a slew of other famous collaborators, including features from Cam’ron, X Ambassadors, Carly Rae Jepsen, Walk the Moon and more. The Knocks will also be heading out on tour across North America, which starts tonight (January 14) at Brooklyn venue Baby's All Right.
Listen to a preview of "Kiss The Sky" above, and stream the full track over at Complex. Check out the full track list of 55 -- reportedly due out on March 4 -- below.
1. New York City (feat. Cam'ron)
3. Classic (feat. Powers)
4. Kiss The Sky (feat. Wyclef Jean)
5. Dancing With Myself
6. Comfortable (feat. X Ambassadors)
7. The Knocks & Matthew Koma - I Wish (My Taylor Swift)
8. Collect My Love (feat. Alex Newell)
9. The Key
10. Tied To You (feat. Justin Tranter)
11. Love Me Like That (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)
12. Cinderella (feat. Magic Man)
13. Purple Eyes (feat. Phoebe Ryan)
14. Best For Last (feat. Walk The Moon)