9 Shocking Celebrity Twitter Feuds
Twitter has changed the way that celebrities interact with their fans -- and their fellow celebs. For the first time ever, stars and their followers are able to communicate directly with each other on a daily basis. But while the social media site has afforded some incredible moments, it has also seemed to become a breeding ground for celebs to fight with their fellow A-list brethren. Read on to see some of the most surprising celebrity Twitter feuds.
- Miley Cyrus surprisedKaty Perry with a little makeout sesh during one of Cyrus' Bangerz Tour shows, the 'Dark Horse' singer was slightly taken aback and later went on camera to throw some shade at the 'Wrecking Ball' singer,commenting: "God knows where that tongue has been." That was all it took for Cyrus toslam Perry (and her ex, John Mayer) in one of the most epic burn tweets we've ever seen:
While Perry could've easily retorted back with an equally nasty response, she took the high road and instead joked right back to Cyrus: "Oooo gurrrl I'm gonna give you the BIGGEST spanking when I see you in the UK bb!" she responded in a tweet that has since been deleted.
- Justin Bieber and Black Keys' drummer Patrick Carney beganfeuding after Carney said that the Biebs didn't need to worry about being snubbed at the 2012 Grammy Awards because he was rich. Soon enough, Bieber weighed in on the scenario with his two cents, writing:
Fortunately, this celebrity Twitter feud died down after a while, but not before Carney spent many precious hours taunting Bieber's fans.
In September 2013, Kanye West went OFF on Jimmy Kimmel via Twitter after the late night host made a parody video of West's serious BBC interview. In a series of caps lock rants (which have since been deleted), Yeezy slammed Kimmel every which way, even going so far as to call out Kimmel's ex, Sarah Silverman, on being funnier than he is.
"SARAH SILVERMAN IS A THOUSAND TIMES FUNNIER THAN YOU AND THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS IT!!!" West tweeted at the time.
But the genial host (who only made light of the situation) and the hot-headed rapper soon patched things up on 'Kimmel,' and even hugged it out on air. Aw.
- Rihanna and Joan Riversgot into it on Twitter after the brash comedienne watched Rihanna's 2012 interview with Oprah, in which the singer claimed she still loved her ex,Chris Brown. Of course, Rivers had to chime in with her own opinion (and one unsavory joke):Rihanna then fired back:joined in on the celebrity Twitter feud, though her tweet was much less harsh:
- Adam Levine ignited aTwitter feud againstLady Gaga in September 2013, sending the following cryptic tweets:
Can't we all just get along now, kids?
The beef between 50 Cent and French Montana is not a new thing, but it came back with a vengeance in November 2012, when French Montana challenged 50 to an album sales contest.
"@50cent if u really about Dat life lets drop our album da same day and see who sell more u had your turn old man," Montana taunted the rapper at the time, in a tweet that has since been deleted.
However, the two have since put aside their differences and Montana even hinted that the two may be collaborating in the future. All's well that ends well!
Rob Kardashian did not hold back his contempt for ex-girlfriend Rita Ora after the two broke up in December 2012. When the two called it quits, Kardashian lashed out in a series of nasty tweets, accusing the singer of sleeping with over 20 men and much more. (The tweets were deleted soon after Kardashian posted them.) Ora, for her part, did not take the bait and instead maintained that their relationship was never serious.
Kardashian later explained his rash actions in a later episode of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,' saying: “I posted what I posted to keep myself from taking her back. Every time she messed up, I took her back for over a year now. I just had to do that to make her hate me.”
By now, it's public knowledge that Chris Brown and Frank Ocean have had their fair share of beef, which culminated in Brown punching the singer during a parking lot brawl in 2013. However, their feud started in 2011, after Brown tweeted an alleged compliment to the singer, which Ocean viewed as an insult.
After Ocean went off on Brown, the controversial singer fired back:
“I was tryna help yo sales n----. You f----- clown! You and @f---tyler would be casted great for planet of the apes!”
While the two later got into a real fight, Ocean later declined to press charges and instead decided to move on with his life.
- Cannon didn't take too kindly to the tweet and lashed out at the outspoken TV host, even going so far as to allege that the only reason she got her E! hosting gig was because she slept with someone at the network. Dayum! Even though it's been several years, the feud is still going strong. At the beginning of this year, Cannon once again fired off at Handler after he heard about derogatory comments she made about the actor in an issue of Ebony magazine.